Sunday, October 3, 2010

My daily bug

When I wake in the morning, I tippy-toe to the kitchen and lean in, flick the light on, and pause. I'm not a ballet dancer. (though a certain amount of alone-type dancing DOES occur…) I just don't want to step on Things that have "passed" in the night. The flicking gives the monsters a heads - up that their party is over. It's time to call it the day. And they need to get out of my sight. Those that can, do. Those that can't lie on their backs legs up and wait for the grim reaper. That's me. Eyes looking anywhere else, after assuring my target, with a wad of half-a-roll of paper towels, bend and gather, praying I don't feel, princess-and-the-pea-like, through the layers to the monster within. I've found this is also a good rule for picking up vomit and other atrocities. I raised some kids, grew up in the 60s. It's a handy hint. Just take it and don't ask questions.

No comments: